Data Science Internship
Supply Chain Data Science and Analytics Internship
Hello future Accell(erator)! Do you have a passion for bikes and development? If yes, keep reading!
Accell Group is the European market leader in e-bikes and second largest in bicycle parts and accessories with numerous leading European bicycle brands under one roof. Our purpose is “Cycling moves the world forward” and we’re looking for a naturally curious and self-motivated intern to join the Planning team and engineer a tool that will be able to handle very complex computations.
Join the ride, get to work with talented professionals and take a deep dive into the fascinating world of bicycles!
What will you do?
Data & analytics is one of the most important topics within Accell Group. As an intern you will use smart techniques to develop data-driven solutions to everyday Supply Chain challenges. In this capacity you will analyze and explore overarching solutions for challenges around inventory management, successful capacity realization, supply planning efficiencies for our factories in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Hungary, and Turkey. You will apply advanced analysis methods to create fact-based insights and algorithms that improve decision-making and understanding on ways to improve Accell Group’s supply chain processes.
In sum, you will
- Be working in a very young and energetic team, focusing on highly challenging and complex supply chain issues.
- Analyze the current supply chain challenges & data requirements and translate them into innovative solutions.
- Create tools that help innovate and improve existing processes on core remits like supply planning and inventory management
- Enhance and improve the existing supply chain analytics and reporting
The ideal candidate is:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, econometrics, mathematics, or relevant quantitative studies.
- Experienced with at least one of the main programming languages such as Python, SQL, and R
- Innovative in solving complex problems
- A fast learner!
- Well-structured and has an eye for detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A team player – as they as say in the cycling world “A chain is only as strong as its weakest link”
What’s on offer:
- A young, international group of professionals
- Freedom for initiatives and creative ideas
- An inclusive work environment where you can be just yourself!
- A compensation of 450 euros gross per month
- The internship position is available in Heerenveen, the Netherlands, for a period of up to six months (preferred duration) at 40 hrs per week. A hybrid working model (combination of working from home and the office) is possible upon agreement.
- The opportunity for the intern to conduct a thesis within Accell
- The university’s internship agreement that states the internship's terms and conditions needs to be signed by Accell, a representative of the intern’s university and the intern themselves. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for the respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must have a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen. Candidates without a permit cannot be accepted.
If you see yourself in the above, please share your motivation letter and cv with Joop Overkamp (J.Overkamp@accell-group.com); if your profile matches what we’re looking for, you will be invited for an initial conversation asap!