We believe that cycling moves the world forward. We design simple and smart solutions in order to create a fantastic cycling experience for everyone who uses our bikes. Accell Group makes bicycles, bicycle parts and accessories. We are the European market leader in e-bikes and second largest in bicycle parts and accessories. With numerous leading European bicycle brands under one roof. These brands were built by pioneers for whom the best was not good enough. We still embody the entrepreneurial spirit of those family businesses to this day. We keep pushing ourselves to create high-quality, high performance, cutting-edge products driven by the continuous exchange of know-how and craftsmanship.
Well-known bicycle brands in our portfolio include Haibike, Winora, Ghost, Batavus, Koga, Lapierre, Raleigh, Sparta, Babboe and Carqon. XLC is our brand for bicycle parts and accessories. Accell Group employs approximately 3,400 people across 18 countries. Our bikes and related products are sold to dealers and consumers in more than 80 countries. In 2019, we sold around 943 thousand bicycles and recorded a turnover of over € 1.1 billion.
Accell Group shares are traded on the official market of Euronext Amsterdam and are included in the Amsterdam Small Cap index (AScX)
What the role is about
The successful candidate will develop, lead and implement state-of the-art Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes and propagate best practices in Supply Chain Planning regionally, contributing to making Accell the industry leader in S&OP supporting the Accell commercial strategy. Your tasks include:
- Developing and implementing S&OP processes, KPIs, reporting templates and issue escalation mechanisms within and above different Regions within the Group, together and in alignment with colleagues responsible for other Regions
- Developing a detailed understanding of Regional planning and execution processes, business requirements and constraints
- Challenging Regional demand plans based on this understanding and in collaboration with the Global Demand Planner
- Cooperating with coordinating with Manufacturing Units and Master Planners to assure aligned availability and deployment plans across the region
- Driving cross-functional reconciliation and review meetings including agenda-setting, preparation of decision materials, and decision making where required
- Driving and having authority to enforce decisions that lead to highest service possible at lowest possible inventory across the total Accell network
- Challenging counterparts on their outputs, given overall process knowledge and objectives.
- Highlighting root-causes for identified problems and assuring development of corrective action alternatives
- Continuously challenging and improving local replenishment strategies and planning processes together with local planners and business counterparts
- Monitoring execution of plans, demand/supply balance and process performance to ensure that agreed service levels are met or exceeded
- Resolving critical deviations from plans and supply issues on the spot in close cooperation with key stake-holders or escalate through appropriate channel
- Closely aligning with all Product Development, Demand & Supply planning counterparts, as well as Finance and senior management
- Advocating and training others in key planning concepts, driving cross-BU and cross-functional cooperation.
- Contributing to improvement of reporting and measurement capabilities
- Leading or participating at cross-functional projects to drive forward Accell Group’s Supply Chain and Business strategy
- Leadership – The S&OP Manager is part of the Accell Group Supply Chain team. This team is responsible to translate the SC strategic targets in tangible results. This includes:
- Being a team with the right capabilities through continuous learning, positive team attitude encouraging amongst team members respect, understanding and trust
- Pursuing to reach stretching targets, identifying and overcoming bottlenecks, recognizing success, learning from failures and developing to the next level.
- Establishing positive relations with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Energizing the change processes by personal commitment, excellent communication and sharing success in a generous way
- Living the Accell and Supply Chain values every day, always!
What we ask for
- Proven 5-8 years of experience in a cross-functional business position within Supply Chain Management – minimum 2 years specific operational experience leading End-to-End S&OP
- Extensive knowledge of Supply Chain Planning / S&OP processes to optimize delivery reliability, cost efficiency and working capital management
- Competent in supply chain policy / process development and performance tracking
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to take a cross-functional holistic business perspective
- Comfortable to operate at senior management level, also when dealing with sensitive topics
- Courage and curiosity to challenge (critical thinker), results-focused
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, communication, collaboration & engagement skills
- Experience with setting up and managing (interlinkages between) processes in the areas of product development, demand planning, supply planning (production & procurement) and executive business planning
- Proven project management skills and ability to guide change management
- Analytical mindset/skills & ability to comprehend extensive planning environments & schedules
- Outstanding working knowledge and experience with MS Excel required
- Languages: English business level fluent, Dutch and other languages such as German, French a plus
- Education: college or university degree with a focus on Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Manufacturing preferred - APICS CPIM/CSCP or related study a plus
- Prior experience in innovative, product development-driven industries is an advantage
It is a fulltime appointment on the basis of a 40 hour working week.
What you can expect
Accell Group has the ambition to become market leader in the “mid- and high” end of the E-bike market in a consumer centric and socially responsible way.
With more than 20 operating subsidiaries and over 3,100 enthusiastic colleagues worldwide you get the chance to combine a passion for your profession with international exposure and career development opportunities. Of course, we offer a competitive remuneration package. The role gives the possibility to work with our businesses in the US, Asia and many countries within Europe.