Accell Group is an international group in the middle and higher segments of the markets for bicycles and bicycle parts and accessories. The company is market leader in Europe. Accell Group isalso Europe’s market leader in electric bikes. The company’s portfolio includes strong national brands and leading international (sports) brands that together provide a complete and complementary range of products for all cycling-related needs. The best known brands are Batavus, Sparta, Koga, Loeki, Babbioe, Ghost, Haibike, Winora, Raleigh, Diamondback, Lapierre, Tunturi, Atala, Redline and XLC. Accell Group is a listed company on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
Accell Group has around 3,300 employees in 22 countries, with its own support facilities for the assembly and spray painting of bicycles in six countries. In 2018, Accell Group sold a total of 1.1 million bicycles in more than 84 countries. The group booked a total turnover of around € 1,1 billion. The head office of the Accell Group is situated in Heerenveen, The Netherlands. https://www.accell-group.com/nl to pick up the latest news about our company, ambition and planned changes.
What the role is about
The Accell Group Finance department is a team of 15 colleagues, reporting to our Accell Group CFO. Business Controlling is a sub department. The bicycle industry is changing as a result of progress in technology, information management and new business models. As a controller you will support, guide and boost these innovations. You feel at home in a dynamic working environment where change is the standard and the consumer is at the heart of everything we do.
You understand like no other the importance of accuracy and correctness of data and analyses. You seek new solutions for our challenges by consulting experts and thorough analyses. Preparing and creatively presenting your recommendations by using your strong communication skills is something you look forward to. You work independently and also make a positive contribution to our international team.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- planning and control for the appointed Accell companies;
- forecasting / budgeting / reporting in Accell FM;
- performance analyses: past, present and strong focus on the future through business cases;
- complex analyses and improvement proposals;
- strategic consultancy;
- dealing with ad hoc assignments and research projects;
- participate in various projects.
What we ask for
To perform this job successfully, you are expected to meet the following skills and behavior standards.
- Minimum one bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant specialism
- Relevant working experience of 2-4 years minimum as Business Controller in a comparable organization
- Excellent numerical insight
- Analytically strong and a strong will to learn and build up knowledge quickly
- Focus on customer interests by being able to translate a complex problem into an transparent and pragmatic advice
- Excellent software skills
- Knowledge and experience with legislation and regulations (IFRS, etc.)
- Strong Team player through your positive energy and can-do mentality
- You are resourceful and creative, innovative, take initiative and strive for continuous improvement
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Occasional travel is required
What can you expect
Accell Group has the ambition to become market leader in the “mid- and high” end of the E-bike market in a consumer centric and socially responsible way.
With more than 20 operating subsidiaries and over 3,300 enthusiastic colleagues worldwide you get the chance to combine a passion for your profession with international exposure and career development opportunities. Of course, we offer a competitive remuneration package.